To try the app out you can create a local regtest lightning network using Polar and connect Clams to CoreLn nodes.
- Download Polar
- Create a test network with a least one CoreLN node running > v0.12.0 and start the network
- Open up the Docker dashboard and find the running container. Open up the docker compose file in your text editor:
- Find the name of the CoreLN node and add
--experimental-websocket-port=7272to the startup command and expose the port:
- Save the file and restart the Polar network
- Run the Clams app locally:
git clone https://github.com/clams-tech/browser-app.git
- Enter the connection address using the public key of the node which is accessible from the "info" tab as well as
Click the "Advanced" dropdown -> select direct connection -> select
Click "Connect" and you should successfully connect to the local node.
- To create an auth rune, click the "Actions" tab -> click "Launch which will launch a terminal window for the lightning CLI.
lightning-cli commando-runeto create a rune and paste it in to the app.
- You have connected and authenticated your locally running node!